WinRAR 3.91 Final
compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can. WinRAR is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format.
- This version can decompress 7-Zip archives created with LZMA2 algorithm.
- Now a password is requested only once when unpacking 7z archives with encrypted file names from context menu. WinRAR 3.90 asked it twice.
- This version can unpack tar.bz2 archives consisting of several smaller bz2 streams merged together. Previous versions unpacked only the first nested bz2 stream in such composite archive.
- WinRAR displays CRC32 of files inside of usual .gz (not .tar.gz) archives. Previous versions left this field blank for GZIP files.
Changes in Version 3.91 Final:
- WinRAR might crash when testing corrupt CAB files.
- Beta 1 crashed on some of TAR.BZ2 archives.
- Total progress bar could be displayed incorrectly in “Convert archives” command in beta 1.
- SFX archives set the wrong value to “sfxcmd” environment variabe if user account control prompt was displayed when unpacking.